What are the best foods for dinner?
Leading a healthy life depends a lot on our diet. Eating a balanced diet combined with the daily practice of sports is a perfect habit to maintain our shape and enjoy a healthy life.
However, there are many people who still don’t know what the best foods for dinner are and are unable to lose those extra pounds or sleep peacefully at night. And it is that dinner is a crucial moment to lead a healthier life.
At Healthfness we want to help you enjoy low-calorie dinners in this article in which we detail the best foods you can eat late in the day.
Breakfasts and dinners
When we wake up, our body has been sleeping for many hours without having eaten any type of food; That is why it is said that breakfast is the most important meal of the day because we have to replenish our nutrient reserves in order to start our routine.
However, with dinner, just the opposite is true. We have been eating different foods all day that have given us energy and nutrients; now is the time to relax and prepare our bodies to sleep. Precisely for this reason, because we are going to be lying down for many hours without exercising, it is important to enjoy light dinners with low caloric intake and a satiating effect so as not to go hungry.
If we take according to what foods at dinner time or we go too far with the amounts, we can accumulate more fat and, therefore, gain weight in addition to having heavy digestion that will negatively influence our rest in a way.
10 Best Foods for dinner:
Dinner is one of the most important meals of the day because it gives us the energy we need to recharge and prepare for the following day. Dinner food selection is critical for maintaining a healthy and balanced diet. Here are the 12 best foods for dinner that are not only nutritious but also delicious.
1. Salmon grilled:
Grilled salmon is a healthy dinner option because it is high in omega-3 fatty acids, protein, and other nutrients. It’s also a low-calorie option that can aid in the reduction of inflammation and the improvement of brain function. Grilled salmon goes well with a variety of side dishes, including roasted vegetables and salad.
2. Quinoa Salad
Quinoa is a gluten-free grain that is high in protein, fiber, and other nutrients. It’s also simple to make and can serve as the foundation for a nutritious dinner bowl. Quinoa bowls can be topped with a variety of ingredients, including grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, and avocado.
3. Stir-Fried Chicken
Chicken stir-fry is a quick and easy dinner option that is both delicious and healthy. It’s a great way to include vegetables like broccoli, carrots, and bell peppers in your meal. For added nutrition, serve the chicken stir-fry with brown rice or quinoa.
4. Soup with Lentils
Lentil soup is a filling and hearty dinner that is high in protein and fiber. It’s also low in calories and may help lower your risk of chronic diseases. Lentil soup can be made ahead of time and reheated for a quick and easy dinner.
5. Tacos with sweet potato and black beans
Sweet potato and black bean tacos are a filling and nutritious dinner option high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. They’re also an excellent way to increase your intake of plant-based protein. Tacos made with sweet potato and black beans can be topped with avocado, salsa, and cilantro for extra flavor.
6. Chicken Breast Stuffed with Spinach and Feta
Stuffed chicken breast with spinach and feta is a nutritious and flavorful dinner option that is high in protein and essential nutrients. It’s also simple to make and goes well with a variety of sides, such as roasted sweet potatoes or steamed broccoli.
7. Sweet Potato Bake
Baked sweet potatoes are a high-fiber, vitamin- and mineral-dense dinner option. It’s also low in calories and can be topped with a variety of ingredients, including black beans, avocado, and salsa. Baked sweet potato is a great way to incorporate more plant-based foods into your diet.
8. Grilled Chicken Breast
Grilled chicken breast is a low-calorie protein source that is high in essential nutrients. It’s also adaptable, as it can be used in a variety of healthy dinner recipes. Grilled chicken breast goes well with a variety of side dishes, including roasted vegetables and salad.
9. Stir-Fry Shrimp and Broccoli
A healthy and delicious dinner option that is high in protein and essential nutrients is shrimp and broccoli stir-fry. It also has a low-calorie count and can be prepared quickly and easily. For added nutrition, serve the shrimp and broccoli stir-fry with brown rice or quinoa.
10. Greek Salad with Grilled Chicken
Greek salad with grilled chicken is a protein-rich, fiber-rich, and nutrient-dense dinner option. It also has a low-calorie count and can be prepared quickly and easily. A Greek salad with grilled chicken is an excellent way to increase your vegetable intake.
What foods to avoid at dinnertime:
There are a number of foods that we should generically exclude from our dinners due to their high fat, calorie, or heavy digestion content. Here at Healthfness, we give you a list of foods to avoid during dinner, take note!
- Snacks: everything that involves excess bread with sausage is preferable to avoid before going to sleep. Carbohydrates contain a high excess of fat that, if not burned, becomes saturated fat.
- Salads with lettuce: lettuce is a food that is not usually digested well due to its high insoluble fiber content. It can cause gas and bloating that will make us unable to sleep well. It is better to eat salads without lettuce: tomato, cucumber, spinach salads, etc.
- Pasta, rice, and pizzas: given their high carbohydrate content, it is advisable not to eat this type of food during dinner.
- Sausages: eating a bit of Serrano ham, sausage or chorizo is also not a good alternative for dinner due to its high-fat content.
- Seasonal fruits: it is said that it is bad to eat fruit at night and the reason is that these foods contain fructose, a nutrient that if we do not burn properly, turns into glucose.
Examples of healthy dinners
So that you know how to do low-calorie dinners, at Healthfness we are going to provide you with five different menus that are ideal for this time of day.
- Option 1: Zucchini puree with grilled hake.
- Option 2: Two baked salmon fillets with some aubergines.
- Option 3: Steamed vegetables with chicken
- Option 4: Tomato salad and tuna belly
- Option 5: Grilled turkey with peppers
Bonus: Is it bad to eat fruit at night?
We know that fruit is a healthy food group that is important to incorporate into our diet, and that is that its extensive contributions of vitamins, antioxidants, and minerals will help keep our body healthy. However, it is important to be clear at what time of day we should consume them and how it is best to do it, and there is a great controversy around this issue: is it bad to eat fruit at night? At Healthfness.com we answer this question.
Steps to follow:
1. Fruits are a food group that should not be missing from our diet due to their high contribution of fiber, vitamins, and minerals, being excellent for maintaining regular intestinal transit and guaranteeing the health of the skin, hair, and all our organs.
But do not forget that these foods also have fructose, a natural sugar that will be converted by our body into energy and glucose, which if not properly burned by the body will be stored in the body as fat.
2. According to nutritional recommendations, the ideal is to consume 3 servings of fruit a day, preferably before meals to make the most of its nutrients and use sugar effectively for energy.
When asked if it is bad to eat fruit at night, the answer is that, ideally, these foods should be eaten before dinner and never after eating or before going to sleep. But why?
3. The reason why it is said that it is bad to eat fruit at night is that these foods, as explained above, provide fructose to our body, turning it into glucose that we will not burn properly because we will not perform physical activities but, at Otherwise, we will leave our body at rest when we sleep.
4. If you want to lose weight in a healthy way, the habit of eating fruit at night could be adding some undesirable calories to your body, so it is convenient to eat them at other times of the day to maximize their benefits.
It is best to do it during the first hours of the morning, although it can also be taken in the middle of the afternoon or mid-morning. Ideally, the 3 recommended servings should be distributed during these times of the day.
5. Eating fruit at night sporadically will not harm your health, but it is important to understand that if you want to lose weight this is not a good option. If you do it frequently, the ideal would be to eat these foods at the times mentioned above to improve their effects on your body.
Also, remember that eating fruit in excess is not recommended either, so it is best not to exceed 3 servings a day frequently and always eat a balanced diet
What should I eat for dinner in order to maintain my health?
Dinner should be a well-balanced and nutritious meal. This includes a protein source, complex carbohydrates, healthy fats, and plenty of vegetables.
Is it acceptable to eat carbs for dinner?
Yes, carbs are fine for dinner, but make sure they’re complex carbs like whole grains, quinoa, or sweet potatoes, not simple carbs like white bread or sugary foods.
Is it okay if I have a salad for dinner?
Yes, you can have a salad for dinner, but make it more filling and satisfying by including protein sources such as grilled chicken, tofu, or chickpeas.
What are some good vegetarian dinner ideas?
Lentil soup, quinoa bowls, vegetable stir-fry, and sweet potato and black bean tacos are some healthy vegetarian dinner options.
Is it okay if I have pasta for dinner?
Yes, pasta can be served for dinner, but choose whole-grain pasta and pair it with a tomato-based sauce and plenty of vegetables.
Should I eat dinner at 11 p.m.?
Dinner should be eaten at least 2-3 hours before bedtime to allow for proper digestion and to avoid indigestion or acid reflux.
What are some good healthy seafood dinner ideas?
Grilled salmon, shrimp and broccoli stir-fry, and baked cod with roasted vegetables are all healthy seafood dinner options.
Is it okay to have a protein shake for dinner?
It is preferable to have a whole-food meal with a variety of nutrients for dinner rather than relying solely on a protein shake.
Can you recommend any healthy chicken dinner recipes?
Grilled chicken breast, chicken stir-fry with vegetables, and spinach and feta stuffed chicken breast are all healthy chicken dinner options.
Is it okay if I have a smoothie for dinner?
While smoothies are a healthy meal option, they should be paired with a source of protein, such as a hard-boiled egg or a slice of whole-grain bread, to make them more filling and satisfying for dinner.
Finally, there are many healthy and delicious dining options that will keep you satisfied and nourished. To ensure you’re getting all the nutrients your body requires, prioritize whole foods and a balanced macronutrient mix. You can improve your overall health and well-being while enjoying tasty and satisfying meals by incorporating some of the best foods for dinner into your meal planning. Remember to listen to your body and tailor your meals to your specific needs and preferences. Dinner can be a nutritious and enjoyable part of your day with a little planning and creativity.